Saturday, August 18, 2018

A 4 Year Old's Summer

I keep forgetting I have this family blog to be updating. But, maybe I'll post more here than on social media coming up.

This summer seems to have flown by and now it's the weekend before school begins. Hubby goes back to work full time on Monday and I will be teaching the little's at home this year. We are still at Carolina Christian Academy however, I am not teaching at the academy this year. Hubby is teaching US History and Life Science as well as supervising in the ACE learning center for Junior and Senior High school. He's excited to get back into the swing of things and the girls are delighted to be starting preschool with mommy!
This is our preschool corner. It's part of mommy's room!
 These are bulletin boards I did for Hubby's classroom since he's teaching Life Science and US History this year. I so enjoy doing creative things like this. I found the ideas on Pinterest, but added my own twist. (You can follow me here!)


The academy does offer a K4 program for 4 year olds, but the girls just weren't ready to go this year. In fact, not that we base our decisions on their opinions because come on they're 4, but I did ask them if they wanted to go to school or stay home with mommy and they chose mommy. So I get the pleasure of teaching them this year and I'm excited and a little nervous about it. We'll use the K4 Abeka program as well as Letter of the Week and other curriculum as we go. We're starting out with an "All about Me" theme in which I'm hoping to teach them about writing their names.

 Little E loved this twirly thing and climbing all over!

 Mommy got to enjoy some time at the park with the munchkins this week while Daddy had staff in-service. We enjoyed seeing the fish in the pond, playing on the playground and even meeting new friends. They love being outside and it's amazing what it has done for their growth. Of course the heat makes it difficult as it was around 90 degrees this day, so we ended up grabbing some chicken nuggets and ice cream after our park adventures. :)

Little E is definitely a mama's girl and loves to snuggle with me any chance she gets. She cozied right up for this picture. Even though she is a lot more on the go, she does have her moments when she just wants cuddles and snuggles. 

 After crossing this bridge Little E said she didn't like bridges anymore. She's not much for heights or things she can see through and walk across. (which neither is mommy.)

Big E was all about climbing and swinging and hanging on the monkey bars this day. And she did awesome! Of course mommy helped, because it's a scary thing swinging on those monkey bars. They do it often here at home on the playground, but need help. Big E's favorite color is pink and Little E's favorite is blue except she keeps switching and liking pink too, so who knows! LOL 


No comments:

Post a Comment