Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Diaries of the King's Daughter-Dressing like Royalty

I recently found this quote online:

"My Princess....Dress like Royalty
I've called you to be royalty, My princess. 
You don't have to conform to the wardrobes of this world to feel good about yourself. 
Remember, what you wear initially defines what people think about you. 
I want your wardrobe to honor Me. 
You don't need to dress to get attention--I can make you more beautiful than any fashion designer because I specialize in internal and eternal makeovers.
Your favor and beauty will radiate because you are a reflection of Me. 
Keep in mind that those who design clothes to expose your body do not love your soul like I do. 
My love, let your wardrobe reveal My Spirit--not your flesh. So robe yourself today like the Royalty you are.
Love, Your King and Your Eternal Beauty" 

This post is probably going to get me in trouble, but it's something that I feel God has laid on my heart to share. I am not going to apologize for something that I feel God is asking me write and voice. I am not aiming this post at any one, its just something I feel needs to be reiterated. 

I have been reading this book recently called The Girl in the Dress you can purchase it below. 


 I love the fact that this book is written from a woman's point of view but very scriptural. God created beauty for a reason. However, God also intended for us to be clothed in his holiness and in order to do that we must also be clothed in our outward appearance. In the very beginning of this book it gives an illustration of a girl who wants to wear an immodest outfit and thinks that it really doesn't matter because, after all God looks at the heart. Here is a quote from the book: "Katelyn looked Jackie in the eye. “You’re right,” she said. “God does see your heart, but no one else will—especially the guys at youth service tonight.” (1) How true this is, we humans can not see someone's heart or their intentions, we look at the outside, so if the outside doesn't match the inside no one else can see that. I get that people sometimes think all the blame is on the woman, but I am saying it can work the same way with guys. When a guy is wearing an extra skin tight shirt to show off his muscular body or even skin tight jeans, it can provoke thoughts that are impure in a woman. If we are all brothers and sisters in Christ then shouldn't we be doing our best to help our brothers and sisters make the goal, and shouldn't we then help protect our brothers and sisters. I also get that some folks have said that "boys will be boys" and that "they will think what they're going to think anyhow, regardless of how I dress", but that being said, we need to make sure that we are not inviting those thoughts or temptations, we need to make sure that how we are dressed doesn't provoke that kind of immoral thinking. The Bible says in 
Matthew 5:28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh
 on a woman to lust after her hath 
committed adultery with her already in his heart.
This can work the same way with a woman so I'm not just targeting the woman's dress here.
  It's also not just about a lack of clothing, but sometimes you can be wearing something that covers you, but it's way too tight and accentuates every detail of your body. As unmarried young ladies and young men, you need to be making sure that you are saving yourself entirely for the one that God has for you and as married ladies and men, you need to make sure that you are staying faithful to your spouse in keeping yourself only unto them as the marriage vows state. If you're covering yourself, but wearing skin tight clothing, in essence you're not really covering anything. This goes for both ladies and guys! Marriage is made so much sweeter if the things intended for the eyes of your spouse are kept for only them and not the eyes of the whole world. I don't mean that you should wear baggy, frumpy looking clothing, I believe that you can dress tastefully and still not be wearing the latest tight "fashionable" clothing. I don't believe that God wants us to dress as sloppy as possible in the baggiest clothing, but I believe that He wants us to be neat in our appearance and that it should reflect His holiness and His image, since after all we were made in His image. 
  The next time you put on an outfit, or even are trying on a new one in the store, pay attention to the thoughts that cross your mind. If they don't reflect something that is wholesome, you should probably not wear/buy it. If the thought that comes across your mind is "Wow, I look sexy in this" then it's probably not a good choice for wearing in public. I think those clothing choices should be reserved for your spouse's eyes only. Like I said I also don't believe that God wants us to look frumpy and baggy. Tasteful dressing should direct the eyes to our countenance, not our body. We want our countenances to shine for Jesus, and be careful of the stumbling blocks we may put in another's way. 

 I welcome your comments, just please be courteous and kind. 

I'm linking up with:
a-wise-woman-builds-her-home

Whole Hearted Home

(1)Wagner, Lori (2011-11-07). The Girl in the Dress (Kindle Locations 91-92). Ladies Ministries UPCI. Kindle Edition.  

1 comment:

  1. Very good post. I agree. I love the words from the diaries of Kings daughters.

    Blessings,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete