Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What is the Lord calling you to do?

"And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, 
This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand,
and when ye turn to the left."
Isaiah 30:21
You might think it's strange that I've started this blog post with a scripture instead of words leading up to it, but I felt that the scripture leading into what I was planning to say was more appropriate. 

I've felt for probably 3 years that I was to start a ladies Bible study, but I've always felt very inadequate to do it. Three years ago, I was going through a deep dark depression and I got onto using Bible study books for my devotions and one that I used that was called "A Woman after God's Heart" (you can purchase it here) God really began to use it to speak to me about how I could become a woman after His own heart. He began to impress on my mind and heart the thought of starting a ladies Bible study, even though I have never done something like that before in my life. I'm used to doing children's church and talking to children about the Bible, not so much adults. It just seems that I keep coming back to that and remembering where I was when that was impressed on my heart. So after these past 3 years, I've finally decided that I would take the leap of faith and put the feelers out there to start a ladies Bible study in my home one night a week. 

I do not claim to have all the answers, I'm still searching for answers myself. But I do want to be faithful to where God is leading me. I want to do His will. So, hopefully in next few weeks I'm going to be preparing my mind and heart and home to welcome some ladies into it and study God's word together. I would appreciate prayer for this venture that the Lord would bless it and use it for His glory. It's not about me and what I have felt that God wants me to do, it's about learning about God and what He wants for each of our lives. I don't in any way want to draw attention to myself as anyone great, all that needs to point to Christ. 

So what is God asking you to do today? Is there something that you've been putting off? Is there something that God has been asking you to do? Maybe you don't feel qualified (neither do I), the Bible says in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." So if you're willing to do what He's asked you to, He will give you the strength to complete the task ahead of you. Don't wait like I have, take the leap of faith and make the move that God is asking you to. It will be worth it all in the end! 

2 comments:

  1. May God help you with this new task at hand. I'm sure He will be right there to bless your efforts. Tho I'm sure it wasn't easy, Thank you for taking those first steps to minding Him. May your ladies' Bible study go wonderfully. =)

    Love,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I can't wait to get started. I'm very excited. =)

      Delete