Friday, January 20, 2012

Can't think what to title this....

I couldn't think what to title this post so I guess that's what it's titled. It's been a nightmare of the past 3 weeks with my dad's passing and funeral and burial and all. We've felt many people's prayers holding us up. I miss my dad something fierce, but God had some reason He needed him in heaven so I'm not going to be angry with God. I still love Jesus with all my heart and my goal is to one day meet him face to face and hear him say "Well done my Child..."
   This was only our 4th day of class since this quarter began almost 3 weeks ago. We've been in Northern Ohio a lot with the passing of my father. Our professors have been so good about it all. We have a lot of homework to make up but I'm sure we'll get it done quickly.
   We came home yesterday and then lost the electric in our bathroom and bedroom and after calling the landlord he scheduled an electrician to come out and look at it on Monday so for now we're dealing with an extension cord to run a fan and a lamp for lighting back there. So hoping to get a new place sometime soon. Our dog needs some yard space!
    Not much else has been happening around here just kind of fast paced with dealing with everything with dad. Will always miss him!

2 comments:

  1. Still praying for you guys, and I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.
    Hun, even anger is okay... it is a natural part of the grief process and part of moving forward on this journey. We don't have to be angry 'with' God, but we're allowed to express our anger 'to' Him.
    Be gentle with yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Abigail,
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad too unexpectedly so I know how you feel. Times like this are so difficult and we don't always understand why things work out the way they do.

    It was like that when my best friend died of cancer. She was so young and had so much more living to do. We used to talk about shopping together for our grandchildren and all the fun we were going to have, but then God took her home to be with Him. I wasn't angry with God. I just trusted that He knew what was best.
    I still miss her and I always will. But I know I will see her again someday. In the meantime, I'm still here and I am to be about His business. There are so many needs and so many who need a friend.

    God bless you while you heal from your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving your nice comment.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete